Wednesday 23 May 2007

Appearances.. turning over a new leaf!

Well, its finally done.. I have finally got my hair cut to the bare minimum I could have in one go, anyways..hehe. I am glad to be writing on this page again.. its been a while, and I really cant explain the reasons why I haven't written anything in the past couple of weeks.. other than I really haven't come up with anything good enough to write and the other eminent fact that I have nothing but pure lazy....

Today's theme is also nothing super wise.. however, a random flux of thoughts that has entered my mind.. and I think its best summed up as 'Appearances'. How important are appearances to an individual? Which appearance is more important - social, emotional, moral or maybe physical? The question is not easy to answer.. unless you are a psychologist and you end up saying, "It depends"...haha. With my hair cut short (will post picture soon!), I feel better in many ways and thats cool and weird at the same time. I feel different, as a person and one can easily argue - just 'coz you cut your hair differently, doesn't make you a different person. However, I think it does! I feel a rejuvenated soul, feel more prepared for the truck load of tasks that I have lined up and intend to do and above all feel free in a sense that I am less (if not totally 'not') concerned of what impressions a person meeting me builds about me.

You would have often heard, "Appearances can be deceptive". Which appearances are we talking about? Which appearances are important to you? Ideally, one would answer moral and ethical appearances, one which depict the values and principles of an individual is the only one that matters. But I have a strong feeling ;-) that the reality is closer to social and physical appearances. And maybe another perspective is to think of how one appears to oneself is whats important, so the inside-out view is what matters. I am baffled and acceptant at the same time, of the amount of efforts that we make to maintain our social and physical appearances in contrast to the ones we make to build and exhibit our moral and ethical appearances. Maybe, the renewed look of mine.. will make look deeper inside and display my implicit, true and arguably more important appearance. Worth a thought atleast....

So much for the discussion on appearances, I am crashing in for the night.. got a big day ahead - meeting my supervisor (who am sure is waiting to wring my neck!!) and then have cricket lined up in the evening.. not to mention the small, idy-bidy bits that I should be doing to make myself more commercially aware and a wiser man!!

Signing out.. Adios!

No comments: