Monday 28 May 2007

Lonely in a Crowd??

Hey...

Its kinda late for my time.. and I feel lazy yet again, for the lack of thoughts covers my mind - and as I sit down to study - an act which I have tried to do for a few days now, bit by bit - a sudden realization creeps in, and a rather interesting one which I want to share, before I crash in my bed again.. and its that of emptiness..

The question is.. what occupies are daily lives, what are we in pursuit of, if anything? It surely cant be simple as being one thing like love, fame, money and the like.. and if I think harder for it to be the right mixture of many - doesnt it become to complex to be chased? And then every now and then , you come across time periods - when you are absorbed in one thing, and the rest of the engagements tend to come to a standstill! And that has been the case with me today, the day has been eventful, I have studied, gone to the library, played squash, met with friends, had dinner, watched tv and all those things and yet the feeling of emptiness or the lack of something substantial. It makes me question, what was I looking for in the day that I havent got or havent done?? And although, I am convinced its an important question, I am clueless on the answer... a certain answer anyways..

And the best way of summing up this feeling is what the title says.. feeling lonely in the crowd.. its like being in the middle of a rock concert and yet you dont hear a thing.. its being in the sea and looking for water.. And interestingly I chose a few words earlier to call it emptiness, and now I am thinking maybe its the other way round.. maybe the glass is too full? The lack of clear direction and purpose is one of critical importance and although I have gone through today (and many such days before), its only today I express my concern over it realizing the very existence of this dual nature.

Whatever it is.. Its silence amongst the noise that I feel strongly tonight!!

No comments: