Sunday 13 May 2007

I Love my Mom!

Well, finally the day.. that both me and my mom have been waiting for has come.. yes, its Mother's Day.. and although I speak to my mother almost everyday.. and hopefully convey to her in both verbal and non-verbal expressions that "I love you, Ma".. .but let me try to make this special.. using this space as a personal expression.. across the miles and oceans.. to wish my darling mother, "Happy Mother's Day"

I think most 'mother-son' stories might sound similar, but I also firmly believe that every one of them is unique and special in its own way. Although sounds common and conforming, she has been absolutely awesome.. from the very beginning of teaching me all I knew then.. to doing my Moral Science Scrapbook just before the checking on monday.. to making the holiday homework charts with me sitting right next to her, jus watching her create magic .. so effortlessly and yet elegantly.. to the nights that she has stayed waiting for me to come home from gurgaon.. and then forcing me to have milk, when the last thing i wanted to do was interrupt her sleep.

I cant describe the heavenly feeling her warm hug with closed eyes provides.. something I have yearned for and something that has driven me home when I didn't have all the other drivers of doing so.. Its hard to forget the times when she would wake up in the morning, make breakfast for 3 of us.. and then make the milk so hot.. that I would frown.. on her.. and actually taking out my own guilt of getting late (generally for sleepin that 5 min more..). A bit late for the apologies, yet let me still say.. thanks for all those special moments.. Love u for that and so many more, ma.

And yes, cant forget how well she has raised me to independent and yet seeking guidance.. so much so.. that when I was in Seventh Class, I used to say that all my past academic achievements are on my own.. 'Silly Me'.. Remember this classic one though.. I was struggling with the long long History answers.. and I went back to her saying, "Ma.. need ur help, I cant learn these long answers." She calmly responded, "Well... let's take a look. But before that, i don't want you to say, I can't." She helped me break that long answer into small points, writing them out for me..that I could easily learn and to this day.. I use that same technique of breaking a big task into smaller ones.. writing the bullet points. An essential learning I wudn't survive without!

I didn't realize it then.. but I do now, a bit anyways.. I was nearly 16, and she was willing to let go off me.. and be a son to another lady, another Mom (who i have come to accept and love as my Mother as well). But it wasnt known then, we didn't know that family.. and To share your son with someone is almost unimaginable...but she almost did it, without much hesitation. Laud your courage, generosity and above all sacrifice, Ma. Calling all those times to me in the US, when it cost more than what was affordable.. writing those letters every now and then.. full of love and guidance.

The special fact that you understand my treasures of wrappers, chocolate covers and pages of absolute nonsense and are willing to help me treasure the treasures, even if they bring termites and being so supportive of my relationships.. both successful and failed ones.. hehe
Packing my bags, from when I cudnt pack to now when I let her do it.. coz she does it so well, She just seems to know what I need, what should I wear (yes! I still seek her guidance on what I should wear - even on skype!!) A strange one, but till not too long ago.. and when possible - I would even like for her to comb my hair..hehe!


Well, the list goes and on and on.. but before this gets too long too be a good read, let me conclude.. (these assignments I hav been doing at school are instilling a habit of ensuring I write a conclusion..hehe) using my own expression and my own style.. So here u go, Ma.. this one is a special poem written just for you.. wishing happy times to all of us in the family and although it has been felt always (implicitly) but using this modern world's chosen day and technology to express it explicitly today.. I love you and Happy Mothers Day!!

How do I start talking about,
A special woman in my life
Dad admits he is a fortunate
To have his darling as his wife

She’s been with me since the very start
She brought me into this earth
Smiling and supporting me
Even bearing the pain when giving me birth

Taught me most of what I know
She raised me like a king,
Fed me and bred me
To be a good human being

She's made many sacrifices
Smilingly all the way,
Helped me in my homework
Stayed up with me and for me.. be it night or day

Taking one more chance to tell her
To tell her I love her
Give her all the credit , for I wont be half the man I am today
If it wasn’t for her

I think by now you know,
Who I am talking about
She is none other,
Than my lovely mother


lots of love,
ur nannu

1 comment:

Maverick said...

Nice poem man.... truly touchy...